I have Cerebral Palsy, it effect my arms, my leg and I can’t talk. I use a Dynavox to communicate. I have to deal with depression. . I grow up in Waukegan. I attended a normal public school. When I was younger I played Special Olympics softball. In third grade I got my first communicate device. The device was big and it weighs 5 pounds. I live in my own apartment with a personal aide. I played for Paralympic Boccia. I work at The Arts of Life as a their archive and an artist. I write poetry. I am a published author. I wrote a books called Chicago’s seasons and Being in Harmony with Nature .

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Why I am an Artist





I have cerebral palsy, my career are more limited. Being an artist have more benefits then most people think.   Art bring me happiness and a feeling of success. I know art help me with my mental well being. I felt awesome to reach a point in  my career that I can have a sola  show. I over come a lot in my  life. I  have challenges doing art because of my fine motor control;  by using chalk pastels I  can create nice pieces. I never can paint Wrigley Field. I did a  piece title The Boys Fall. I adapt my art to fit my imagination.  I am proud that I can have a successful career.  My sola show I was  honor to show and talk about my art work with people

No comments:

Post a Comment